Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Seriously what was he thinking...

So I am at work...in scrubs mind you...

I walk in a patients room who has a spider bite on his lower abdomen...I say pull down your pants a little so I can get a better look at the bite (He has a puss wound that was red and it was really close to his pubic area) He smiles...I ask him if he is in pain...he says yes...

I know that he is a former Drug user...he admits that he is now in recovery from using crack cocaine...I think nothing of it (I see this kind of stuff all the time) but I tell him that I will not be giving him any narcotics cause I do not want him to backslide...he agrees and says thanks for thinking of his recovery...he smiles more...

As I am dressing his lacerated wound...he says so are you married?? I say No...He then says do you have a boyfriend...

I now look at him in amazement...man does he really think that I would want to get involved with someone who is a crack addict?? Does he think that I am impressed with his so called 15 day sobriety stint...

Seriously, seriously what was he thinking…I mean good for him that he is trying to get his act together, but why spider bite guy would you think that I would even think about giving you my number…I am astonished….plus I am a professional I am not going to give my number to a patient unless of coarse it was like Mathew McCaughney..then hey I might write it on his dressing and I might even say oh your going to have to take thoughs pants off so that I can dress your wound appropriately...no shame in my game...

No former crack head guy….not gonna happen just not gonna happen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can tell him I'M not doing anything these days. I'm single....

Just telling it like it is said...

Alright dick small I will be sure to let him know that your are willing an able to get up on it...ohhhh yeah get up on it..rock on

Mama en Fuego said...

But, but, he's *15* days sober! He's practically a drug free man, and don't mind that pussy spider bite right next to his CROTCH, it's all good baby!

LOL - I'm sure some chicks find his "charm" irresistable. All I can think is ewe, ewe, ewe.

_nderscore said...

Remind me not to flirt with the nurses if I ever end up in the ER again, and yeah, not to be cheeky with policewomen too, our local forces recently updated their gear with Tazer guns :x